Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

Hi,

 I have a working fetchmail -> procmail -> postfix -> Maildir toolchain
 in place and now want to take this setup a step further by delivering
 mailinglist messages to local (inn) newsgroups.

Is there a HOW-TO for this task somewhere?

I don't know if there is a howto somwhere but AFAIK Courier could do the job for you.
It supports the maildir format and you can set it up to provide public read only mail folders.
So you could stay with your current mail client to read the postings and to reply to them.

Peter

Also, when replying to a newsgroup posting the reply should be send via mail to the corresponding mailinglist, not the local newsgroup.

 TIA,
Sebastian