I'm getting a laptop with a Crusoe cpu and am looking for the right
settings for CHOST and CFLAGS for a stage 1 install.

I found the following recommendations for CFLAGS at
http://www.geocities.com/robm351/lifebook/:

gcc 2.95.x      -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common
-fomit-frame-pointer -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -malign-functions=0
-malign-jumps=0 -malign-loops=0
gcc 3.x         -O3 -march=i686 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -falign-functions=0 -falign-jumps=0
-falign-loops=0

does anyone have any other suggestions?

I have not found any info on what I should set CHOST to, should I leave
it as CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"?
--
Chris Bare
[EMAIL PROTECTED]