On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 09:05, Mikhail P. wrote:
> In bash it is variable $HISTSIZE
>
> e.g. "export HISTSIZE=150"
> will limit it to 150 lines.
>
> regards,

Mikhail,
   Yes, thanks. I had seen the HISTSIZE & HISTFILESIZE valiables in the
sert command, but I was wondering where those are set for root in a
default installation of Gentoo. Are they built in at that size and have
to be overridden? Or are they in some default configuration file
somewhere else on the system.

   root has very little in /root by default, so I assume the current
size is coming for somewhere else. I could, however, add the override in
a local file if I chose to, but I wanted to know where all this gets set
up. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mark