more precisly:

rm /usr/src/linux (removes old link)
ln -s /usr/src/<new source dir> /usr/src/linux
genkernel (or genkernel --config if you want to change stuff)
then do the lilo stuff

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 18:52, Kees Bergwerf wrote:
Op zaterdag 13 september 2003 22:26, schreef Chris:

> All I have is a simple question. This thing is emerging -u world and part
> of it is the kernel and souces do I have to edit lilo again to usew these
> new sources?

At first you have to compile the kernel sources.
make a symbolic link /usr/src/linux to the new sources:

ln -s /usr/src/<kernel source> /usr/src/linux

then go to /usr/src/linux
# make menuconfig

Configure your kernel, save the config
then
# make dep && make clean bzImage modules modules_install

When everything is ok, the new kernel can be found :
/usr/src/linux/arch/x86/boot/bzImage

#mount /boot
and copy bzImage to /boot
you can rename it if you like so that you don't overwrite an existing bzImage

then add this image to lilo.conf (and run lilo) so you can choose it when
booting.
If something goes wrong, you can still boot the old kernel

--Kees