Von: Brian Reichholf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: 15 September 2003 12:01
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: [gentoo-user] Samba & NT Domain

First off:
I know, this might not be the `correct' place to post this question, but
google is just not working out for me (I can't find any decent answer(s)),
the samba mailing list is just 90% questions, 10% answers, and the gentoo
forums didn't work for me either.

Problem:
Using Samba in an NT 4.0 Domain

Solution (so far)
Smb.conf configured quite fine. Samba workes `fine'.
BUT:
Wbinfo -a DOMAIN+user%pass works
Login via telnet (pam should be configured correctly) doesn't
Login via windows share workes (more or less) but how come I don't see any
shares? Doesn't samba create /home/DOMAIN/user ?
Doesn't samba update the smbpasswd (or what ever file you put in as `smb
passwd file' of course)?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards & thanks in advance,
-Brian