On 2003.09.15 22:29, Joshua Banks wrote:
I'm assuming that I can just reconfig /etc/fstab and manually create a
grub directory and
grub.conf file in that directory?

Recreate fstab and mount your /boot partition.

Oh,,, when I try and open another shell window and "su" my password
keeps on being rejected as
well....

What the hell did I do???

It looks like you overwrote all of your protected configuration files without checking the changes first, so your /etc/passwd was also reset to defaults. This file contains a user list, etc. Theres probably more files that were overwritten. Never use -5 with etc-update.

--

Chris I

The longer the title, the less important the job.