On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:36:39 -0700
Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>    What command can I use to find out what revisions of a package exist out
> there in portage?
[snip]

>    How can I get a list of all the possible revisions of a specific package
> so that I don't just hunt and peck for the right numbers?

Hi Mark,

You could simply look in the portage directory.  For example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] .../portage/app-admin/gkrellm> pwd
/usr/portage/app-admin/gkrellm
[EMAIL PROTECTED] .../portage/app-admin/gkrellm> ls
ChangeLog  files/                 gkrellm-2.1.10.ebuild  gkrellm-2.1.16.ebuild
Manifest   gkrellm-1.2.13.ebuild  gkrellm-2.1.15.ebuild

I haven't done an emerge sync lately, but it shows versions 2.1.10, .13, .15 and .16.

For other packages, look in the particular directory.

Cheers,

--
Anthony Floyd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Xander: The quick draw is about more than speed. It's also about pointing the stake
the right way. And there can be splinter issues.