On Wednesday 17 September 2003 01:10, Tom St.Denis wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:04:48 -0400
>
>   "Tom St.Denis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>Perhaps, try emerging gpm to see if the mouse works on
> >>console. Or just cat /dev/input/mice and move the mouse
> >>around. ;-)
>
> Ok wierd.  I ram
>
> gpm -m /dev/mouse
>
> and my keyboard locked up.  so maybe when USB is kicked in
> it kills hardware?  Knoppix works [I tried it recently]
> with all it's USB mouse/PS2 keyboard glory [using
> 2.4.21-xfs from knoppix]

Well then, you've isolated the problem (further). Some sort of conflict
between usb and ps2.

> So maybe the problem is actually in a recent USB tools
> update?

There were updates to usbutils on the 7th and 8th of this month, so you can
try downgrading it. Have you tried acpi=off and such options to the kernel?

> I'm going to try and merge in 2.4.21 and see if it works
> [then 2.4.20] but I did have 2.4.22 working with gentoo
> just last week [though I had set it up a few months before
> that so the usbtools was probably not a recent update on
> my box].  If this helps

Which flavour of kernel are you running at the moment? Perhaps there has been
a minor revision in the patches that is causing something?

Regards,
Jason