Zitat von Jose Gonzalez Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>     Martin,
>
>     You need a java package and java-config installed, and you need to
> execute java-config to set the system java virtual machine.
>
>     Regards,
>     Jose
>
>     PS: By the way, I've seen this question a dozen times, shouldn't
> this be included in a FAQ or something?

thanks for your help...

but why isn't that mentioned while i tried to emerge the 'db' package!
couldn't emerge 'say' anything about that this package depends on java?!

ok, the "jar" program looks like something to to with java, but how do i
know this for sure? if it does not say it needs java, i have to post such a
questions...

martin