Thnx!
/Andreas

Mike Williams wrote:
On Thursday 18 September 2003 14:59, Andreas Vinsander wrote:

Hi!
I have setup one of our local hosts to be a gentoo rsync-mirror, for use
within our private network.

My problem is that the rsync daemon (on the server) logs so much when
one of the clients syncs against it, that the sync is halted until I
restart the metalog daemon.
Every process using the syslog facilities are halted the same way when
this happens = effectively locking all access to the machine if I didn't
happen to have a shell open on the server where I can restart the
metalog daemon.

What possibilities do I have?
* Silencing the rsync daemon. How?
* Switching to another syslog daemon. Which one?
* Anything else?

/etc/rsync/rsyncd.conf
transfer logging = no

It'll only log the connections after that.

--
Mike Williams