It was still giving errors without threads.  Having said that, I'll turn them off and give it another go.  Keep you posted.

Chris
On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 23:09, Jason Stubbs wrote:
I noticed you have threads in your USE flags. This, of course, is meant to
compile Perl with threads, which all the errors are related to. The threading
model changed in Perl 8.0 according to the INSTALL doc. I couldn't find a
definate but I'm guessing that perhaps Perl 8.0 uses POSIX threading. i.e. to
use it you would need recompile glibc with nptl in your use flags and run a
2.6 kernel. Or check the INSTALL doc, as you could modify the ebuild to use
the old (buggy) threading model if you so wished. I wouldn't recommend
confirming what my guess first, though.

On Saturday 20 September 2003 21:43, Chris van der Pennen wrote:
> Were it only that simple.  Same error.  :/
>
> I'm going to try rebuilding everything from glibc up without ccache, it
> might help.
>
> Chris

<snip>
--
Americans' greatest fear is that America will turn out to have been a
phenomenon, not a civilization.