Hi all,

I have a problem with my wireless NIC (Netgear WG311) and the
wireless-tools. I installed the drivers for the NIC (madwifi) and
they are working fine, I can access the internet (and write this
mail).

But I want - of course - enable WEP encryption, so I set it up on my
access point (128bit). Then I have no connection to the internet
anymore. So I wanted to use "iwconfig ath0 key ..." (I enable the
interface via rc-script and ifconfig), but nothing happens, I still
can't access the internet and "iwconfig" shows encryption:off.

Do I miss something? How can I enable WEP encryption for this NIC?
Greetings and TIA, Matthias

--
Man:    You must be stupider than you look.

Homer:  Stupider like a fix!

                   Lemon of Troy