Andrew Gaffney wrote:
Mike Williams wrote:

On Sunday 21 September 2003 01:38, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

This is the tcp.smtp I used to enable relaying for local IPs. I just
added the QMAILQUEUE parts.

[snip]
Hmm, that all looks good.
I don't have RELAYCLIENT define, but I think that only affects spamassassin.
You did restart qmail I assume? :)

Yes, I know line 3 is redundant. I'll get rid of it...eventually :) I
unmerged clamav and emerged f-prot. I then re-emerged qmail-scanner and
I saw:

Qmail-Scanner details.

log-details=0
fix-mime=1
debug=1
notify=sender,admin
redundant-scanning=no
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
local-domains='localhost'
silent-viruses='klez','bugbear','hybris','yaha','braid','nimda','tanatos','

sobig','winevar' scanners="fprot_scanner"

while re-emerging qmail-scanner, so I guess it picked it up. Alright,
now what? How do I change the local-domains and virus-admin values? How
do I activate it?

You have to edit the script itself to change values.
It's already active, it doesn't have a daemon like clamav. Just add '/opt/
f-prot/check-updates.pl -cron -quiet' to cron at suitable times (I do three times a day).

Its actually '/opt/f-prot/check-updates.sh'. I created a script in /etc/cron.hourly that runs that command. I have a copy of the stupid virus patch.exe that's going around right now that someone sent me. I'll send that through the server after the update runs and see what happens.

Sweet. It picked up the message. It sent an email to my e-mail addy and the admin address I specified. Thanks for the help.

--
Andrew Gaffney