On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 11:58, Carlos wrote:
> Hey people,
>       When I'm on the console and press Alt+Left or Right arrows it switches to the
> previous/next virtual terminal. I find this pretty annoying since I like to use
> those key bindings to switch irssi's windows. Is there any way to disable that
> behaviour?

The Alt+{Left,Right} functionality is setup by your chosen keymap file.
The files you want to modify are in /usr/share/keymaps/i386/include .
You'll want to edit linux-keys-bare.inc and comment out the following
lines by placing a # in front of them:

alt keycode 105 = Decr_Console
alt keycode 106 = Incr_Console

After these changes, find the KEYMAP variable in /etc/rc.conf and then
run 'loadkeys KEYMAP'. For example, if you have KEYMAP='us', run
'loadkeys us' from the console.

Good Luck,

Doug

P.S: A few non-us keymaps use linux-with-modeshift-altgr.inc instead, so
if the above fix doesn't work for you, try changing the Decr_Console and
Incr_Console lines here as well.