I want to play around with kismet and airsnort, but my orinoco gold card
does not go into monitor mode using iwconfig.  There is a bunch of
patches available from http://airsnort.shmoo.com/orinocoinfo.html, but I
am reluctant to install one because the latest version of patcheable
pcmcia-cs is 3.2.1 and I am running pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 gentoo emerge on a
gentoo Dell i8k running kernel 2.4.20-gentoo-r7 with all pcmcia options
off in .config and pcmcia up and running.  (I am connected to the
Internet at the moment via my card.)

What should I do to modify my orinoco driver to permit monitor mode?
Any guidance (even express directions) would be most appreciated.

Bud

P.S.  I apologize for reposting this, but my clock was many hours off
and people whose clients sort by time may be putting my original way
back where the reader won't notice it.