Good evening all,

I would like to remove nptl from my system for the time being so that I can
run 2.4 kernels again. Doing a grep of all the ebuilds in portage, I only
come up with:

app-emulation/wine
dev-java/sun-j2sdk
media-sound/xmms
sys-libs/glibc
x11-libs/fltk

Does this mean that if I only remerge those packages which are installed
(without nptl) then I can boot 2.4 with no problems (ie. it wont tell me that
my kernel is "too old"?)

Also I have found that app-i18n/canna does not work with nptl - at least
googling shows that others have had similar problems with canna and nptl -
but it works with no problems on love-sources. Can anyone (spider perhaps? -
nudge, nudge!) give me any tips on where to start with how to track down
which patch gets it to work (other than trial and error)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jason Stubbs