Well, before I go out buying a new set of hardware, I need to verify one
thing.

Question: Can the V2.4.20 series gentoo-sources kernel use SATA without
special patching or should I wait for the 2.6 kernels to become mainstream
before I go SATA?

Note 1. Currently, I really don't have the time to start patching the
kernel source myself.
Note 2. For those that have read some of my messages here; Yes, I do
maintain two relatively modern PCs as well, one of them (Dual PIII-550) is
getting too slow for the load I put on it.
Note 3. My 486-33 is still running the stage1 bootstrap after more than 5
days. ;-) But that's a completely different story. And OT.

Biker