First of all, I'd like to ask about nano. It has those menues on the botton like ^X,
^E, ^whatever, but when I type exactly as it's printed,
i.e. ^W and hit enter, nothing happens. So, what am I doing wrong?

I have Pentium III Coppermine CPU, so what's your suggestions about make.conf file
settings? I'm thinking to leave CHOST as
an example default, ie. CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu" . Now on to USE... Example settings
shows something like USE="X,gtk..."
But I'm not really going to compile X or Gnome or KDE. What's your suggestions for USE
option?

CFLAGS has two -mcpu and -march options. I'm thinking to use CFLAGS:"-mcpu=Pentium3-03
-pipe" andCFLAGS:"-march= i868 -03 -pipe or
should it be same as -mcpu oprion? -march -pentium3 -033 -pipe. What's your
suggestions? Once again, I have Pentium 3 Coppermine.

And lastly, CXXFLAGS option is same as CFLAGS?

Thanks,
Walther.