Hi,

I have a dual boot system and I have a FAT32 partition (/dev/hda3) that
I have mounted on /mnt/shared_fat32.  Here is my /etc/fstab :-

        <dump/pass>

# NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to opts.
/dev/hda5               /boot           ext3            noauto,noatime
        1 1
/dev/hda7               /               reiserfs        noatime,notail
        0 0
/dev/hda6               none            swap            sw
        0 0
/dev/hda3               /mnt/shared_fat32       vfat
user,rw,exec,uid=500    0 0
/dev/hda8               /home           reiserfs        noatime,notail
        0 0
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660         noauto,ro
        0 0

# NOTE: The next line is critical for boot!
none                    /proc           proc            defaults
        0 0

As root I have no problem with the mount but as a normal user I cant even enter it. If I use the properties tab in filemanager (KDE) it says that the directory should be accessible for rear , write and enter.

I'm sure It's something trivial but I can't see the wood for the trees.