After spending most of the day trying to get either Firestarter of KMyFirewall
to work, I am getting closer to having a firewall set up.  I am still having
problems though.  Below is the input after I run firestarter, configure with
the wizard and then start the firewall:
romulan root # firestarter
NETFILTER detected
Firewall script saved as /etc/firestarter/firewall.sh
Adding Firestarter startup hook to /etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-eth1.exe
Could not write firestarter DHCP hook: No such file or directory
modprobe: Can't locate module ip_conntrack
modprobe: Can't locate module ip_conntrack_ftp
modprobe: Can't locate module ip_conntrack_irc
Firewall started

For the first part, I can eliminate the error if I choose eth0 as my network
device but for some reason, it is actually located at eth1 after I upgraded
my kernel from 2.4.20-gentoor5 to 2.4.20-gentoo-r7.  I am not sure why it
changed from eth0 to eth1 so I guess I will need to know how to correct this
error (I do have two pcmcia slots but only the eth0 is in use).  When I do
select the etho network device I can run firestarter but I still get the
modprobe errors and this error:
No DHCP client configuration found

The firewall will not be loaded automatically on a lease renewal.  Please make
sure the external interface is configured properly or deselect the DHCP
option if you are using static settings.

Now for the second part of my problem, I am not sure how I can add all the
above modules to my kernel.  I recompiled the kernel several times.  Where in
the menuconfig do I need to add these modules?  Or do I need to emerge them
after I compile the kernel?

Below is the list of modules that I currently have:
romulan root # lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: GF
ipt_ttl                  536   0  (autoclean)
ipt_unclean             6712   0  (autoclean)
iptable_mangle          2040   0  (unused)
ipt_MASQUERADE          1592   0  (unused)
ipt_TOS                  920   0  (unused)
ipt_REDIRECT             696   0  (unused)
iptable_nat            21080   0  [ipt_MASQUERADE ipt_REDIRECT]
ipt_REJECT              2840   0  (unused)
ipt_state                536   0
ipt_limit                792   0
ipt_LOG                 3192   0
iptable_filter          1612   0  (autoclean)
ip_tables              13952  14  [ipt_ttl ipt_unclean iptable_mangle
ipt_MASQUERADE ipt_TOS ipt_REDIRECT iptable_nat ipt_REJECT ipt_state
ipt_limit ipt_LOG iptable_filter]
maestro3               24656   1
soundcore               3364   2  [maestro3]
ac97_codec              9800   0  [maestro3]
ohci1394               15592   0  (unused)
ieee1394               29708   0  [ohci1394]
serial                 49092   0  (autoclean)
isa-pnp                28100   0  (autoclean) [serial]
parport_pc             24520   1  (autoclean)
lp                      6400   0  (autoclean)
parport                22720   1  (autoclean) [parport_pc lp]
3c575_cb               21956   2
cb_enabler              2864   2  [3c575_cb]
ds                      7432   4  [cb_enabler]
i82365                 41408   2
pcmcia_core            44288   0  [cb_enabler ds i82365]
printer                 6624   0  (unused)
3c59x                  25584   1
usb-storage            55608   0  (unused)
hid                    12468   0  (unused)
uhci                   23008   0  (unused)
usbcore                55264   1  [printer usb-storage hid uhci]