Hi Jason,

Am Samstag, 4. Oktober 2003 03:38 schrieb Jason Stubbs:
> On Saturday 04 October 2003 08:51, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > >
> > > IMHO this is a problem with the nvidia-binaries.
> > > I have the same problem with my Geforce2 Go on my laptop with
> > > the actual driver version nvidia-kernel-1.0.4496-r3. I do not
> > > have the problem with any older driver like
> > > nvidia-kernel-1.0.4363-r3. So I emerge
> > > nvidia-kernel-1.0.4363-r3 with the appropriate nvidia-glx,
> > > removed nvidia from virtual/opengl and the world file.
> >
> > This answer is most likely the correct one. I am using 2.6
> > without framebuffer and cannot use (cannot see to be specific)
> > the console after starting X until the machine is rebooted.
> > Running 2.4 doesn't fix the problem. I will try this solution
> > myself and report back if it succeeds.
>
> Have downgraded nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel to 4363 and
> everything is working again. A better way to keep the packages at
> that version is to modify /var/ cache/edb/world to from:
>
> media-video/nvidia-kernel
> media-video/nvidia-glx
>
> to:
>
> =media-video/nvidia-kernel-1.0.4363-r3
> =media-video/nvidia-glx-1.0.4363

Thank you for the hint. This is correct for normal world updates,
but for deep world updates I have a dependency on virtual/opengl,
so I have to edit the virtual file, either by changing to the exact
version or just by deleting it.
Maybe adding the version is somewhat cleaner, but when I want to try
a new version, nvidia-glx is added automatically to world and
virtuals. I need to edit these files only if it does not work.

Kai