On Sunday 05 October 2003 09:32, Patrick Börjesson wrote:
> > lastly, open office won't compile with the gcc version i'm using
> > (3.3.1-r1).  it says i need gcc-3.2.x but then it says i shouldn't
> > emerge a different gcc:
>
> There seems to be alot of people who's got problems compiling packages
> with gcc-3.3.1-r[12] so it's probably recommended to upgrade gcc to
> the latest version available and try compiling openoffice again
> afterwards. Or you could do as the ebuild says and downgrade gcc to a
> 3.2-version (which was what I did when I had problems with the
> 3.3-versions of gcc). The downgrade can be accomplished by pinning the

I'm currently attempting an install of oo11 with gcc33 at the moment. In the
ebuild it's got code that quits on detection of gcc33 that is the same as
oo10. However, further on it's got code that's been modified from the oo10
ebuild that implies that it should work with gcc33. Will let you know how it
goes...

Jason