On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Joshua Moore-Oliva wrote:

> I have been scouring the forums for months trying to get xfree-drm
> working on a dual monitor setup (dual head ATI 7500). I have got the
> single monitor drm working, but I am still wrestling with the dual
> monitor mode.

/var/log/XFree86.0.log is your friend.  read it when you have problems.
you'll find the folowing line in it:
(WW) RADEON(1): Direct rendering is not supported when Xinerama is enabled

searching http://dri.sourceforge.net/ i came across something called
MergedFB.  look into it - it's for dualheaded radeon cards (new to me,
but then i don't really care about dri/drm).

hope this helps,
dave