there is a rev-rebuild as part of the gentoolkit package. Anytime you replace a
library such as that.. Theory says, its suppose to provide you with this
information... I think it will even recompile things that need to be recompiled.

I have only used it once, and it worked for that.. I just don't recall what it was
for...