On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 20:26:20 -0400 Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 October 2003 07:57 pm, Thomas Eastman wrote:
> > Is there some kind of lmsensors or equivalent package for the new
> > test-series of kernels?
> >
> > I finally have a computer that supports all that kind of monitoring, but I
> > can't emerge lmsensors due (I assume) to the fact that I'm running a 2.6
> > kernel.
> >
> > Is there a way I can get at this information?  Is there an equivalent to
> > the lmsensors package for linux 2.6?
> >

> The necessary sensor drivers are already IN the kernel. Reload menuconfig,
> enable the I2C branch and turn on the drivers you need for your hardware.
> Once done compiling the kernel, emerge GKRELLM and use it to monitor your
> computer. Works, perfectly.

ok, I have i2c, etc. in my kernel and the following modules loaded:

via686a                18308  0
i2c_sensor              2432  1 via686a
i2c_viapro              5836  0
i2c_core               21316  3 via686a,i2c_sensor,i2c_viapro

gkrellm2 is running, but I don't see any sensor data.

What do I do next?

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the