Peter Ruskin wrote:
On Thursday 09 Oct 2003 14:02, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Yes, I know. You see the subject and immediately think I should be
ignored because I'm on the wrong list, correct? Well, its not quite
like that.

I'm trying to write an ebuild for Xconfigurator. I'm getting the
files from
<ftp://ftp.sunsite.auc.dk/mirrors/redhat/code/Xconfigurator>. I first
tried compiling from the source tarball and that didn't work. It
requires libnewt, which I installed, but still doesn't compile. So, I
decided to download the binary RPM and try to install it to see what
dependencies it complained about. I emerged rpm. When I try to
install either the binary or source RPM in that ftp dir, rpm tells me
that they are not RPM files. Can someone download and test those RPMs
for me, so I can figure out if I'm just crazy?

Hi Andrew,
I just downloaded the tarball and didn't get anywhere with it. I did notice though that all the files are dated July 1996, so it's hardly surprising that it won't work.

I realized that shortly after I posted the previous message. I found a ~2002 version and am basing my ebuild on that.

--
Andrew Gaffney