Patrick Börjesson wrote:

How do I set so that only specified users can use my running X-server?
My problem is this: When I run a vncserver at home and connect to this
server from school I can't do 'su -' and use any graphical frontend to
any program because X is restricted to only my user. One solution would
be to do a 'xhost +localhost' while still not have done a 'su -' and
then login as root, but I'm not especially happy about giving every user
on my home-system access to my X-server... So how do I give specified
users on my system (root especially) access to my X-server through
xhost?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/xauth-7.html

--
"Codito ergo sum"