On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 09:24:40AM -0400, a park wrote:
> i noticed when running genkernel a line with "mrproper" is displayed.  this
> line is not included in the output example in the gentoo installation
> instructions.  "make mrproper" is a step in the alsa installation
> directions.  could this be the culprit?

"make mrproper" is a thorough cleaning of the kernel tree - it wipes
out everything, including the .config file. It's sometimes necessary to
ensure that you don't have artifacts from old configurations... I can't
tell if it's the culprit in your case.

By way of background, "Mr. Proper" is the brand name in certain markets
(including Linus's native Finland) for a Procter & Gamble product known
in the US as "Mr. Clean".

Nathan Meyers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]