Andrew Gaffney wrote:
Tom Wesley wrote:

On Saturday 11 October 2003 19:31, Tom Wesley wrote:

On Saturday 11 October 2003 18:48, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Tom Wesley wrote:

On Friday 10 October 2003 20:52, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Due to a recent hack into my Slackware server, now my Gentoo server, I
want to write a script that scans all binaries, or even all files,
computes their MD5SUM, and compares it to what portage calculated it to
be when it was installed. Does something already exist like this?

emerge gentoolkit

to check timestamps
 qpkg -tc
to check md5
 qpkg -mc
to check both
 qpkg -c

Someone already suggested this. The problem is that it only tells you how
many files don't match, not which ones.

Try qpkg -c -vv

Of course you can also use qpkg -c -v to show only the altered files.

That does work, but I do feel like re-inventing the wheel this afternoon :)

I've run into a problem. Binaries that have been prelinked no longer match the recorded MD5SUM or modification time. How does portage deal with this, or does it?

--
Andrew Gaffney