Folks -

Been running fetchmail(6.2.3) with postfix(2.0.11) for a while now.  The
recent spate of emails from virus-infected Microsoft boxes has brought up
a problem that I'm having difficulty solving.

Some of these mails have a FROM header with an unresolvable domain.
Postfix rejects these with an SMTP 501 error, which causes fetchmail to
abort processing.  It keeps doing this until I remove the mail manually
from the queue.

I checked the man pages and found a fetchmail option - 'antispam 501'.
This is *supposed* to force fetchmail to drop any 501-rejected mail
completely, and continue processing.

Unfortunately, after adding this option, it now fails on the same messages
with a 'client/server protocol error'.

So I'm looking for some help to do one of these two things:

1.  Force fetchmail to drop 501-rejected mails completely.

2.  Stop postfix from making the resolvable-domain check and rejecting the
email based on that.

Can anyone assist?

-------Patrick M [EMAIL PROTECTED]:3784715------
Quote of the Week: "I probably won't start on the idea, and if I do it
will wind up being an unfinished project on my personal website featuring
pictures of my cat." rh2600 on /.