Hello,

Don't know if I've put the subject title correctly. Basically the issue is
that I have a laptop PC which when I go to the office, I connect to a docking
station.

The docking station basically allow me to have an extra LAN port, SCSI port,
parallel port, and keyboard/mice PS/2 ports.

I don't know why but when I connect Gentoo on the docking, the probing for
SCSI hw find the adaptec card which control my SCSI port, but for some reason
it enters a loop trying to address it (I think?) I don't have the particular
output, as it occurs at statup and I didn't have another PC to record the
exact message, but I was wondering whether I could disable the scsi hw
probing (or even if necessary the hw probing in general !?)

thanks for any help, and I hope I don't sound to vague or confusing
--
Eduardo Silva