begin  quote
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:32:08 +0200
Timo Boettcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just had a look at the docs on www.gentoo.org and didn't found the
> possibility to use -* documented... Did I look at the wrong place or
> is that *really* undocumented? If so, it would be cool to have that
> documented.

Not too sure there , but quoting "man make.conf"

Exceptions  are incremental variables such as USE,
CONFIG_PROTECT*, and       ACCEPT_KEYWORDS.   Incremental  variables
are  propagated  down   from       make.defaults to make.globals to
make.conf to the environment settings.       Clearing these variables
requires a clear-all as in: export USE="-*"

so it is documented. perhaps not online though, file an enchantment
documentation bug about it perhaps?

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!