> I'm not sure how all these annoying things happen to me, but oh well...
>
> My system locked up earlier while I was saving changes to /etc/conf.d/net.
> Now
> when I reboot, I get errors throughout the boot process as my system is
> unable
> to pull the required settings from the configuration file. I figure this
> isn't
> much of a problem, I can just go in and edit it, right? Sure.
>
> I open /etc/conf.d/net in my editor of choice (vi) and instantly note the
> file
> has been corrupted. No wonder my system is having a fit on startup. Would
> somebody be able to send me their /etc/conf.d/net file, so I can replace
> it and
> get back online?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> (Furthermore, I should note here that using your system with a television
> as a
> monitor is a bad idea - you can't read the text! SO forgive me if I've
> made any
> mistakes in this email - I can't see what I'm writing!)

Here's a quick tip in the future..

You can use qpkg (included in gentoolkit) to find out what package a
particular file belongs to, and then re-emerge that package. qpkg -f
filename. Now since your net connection was borked this wouldn't help
unless you had the package in your distfiles. But in the future its a good
way to repair funked up files.

Andrew