yeah, I thought there might be some kind of vendor doing it. I just don't think there
are any 'linux' utils native that do it..

I don't know anything above X in linux as I have yet to venture that way besides a few
times I have grown balls enough to install x here and there. so someone else will have
to help you onthe mozilla thing..

if you have progs on home, you should really be doing a tar -cvf (-j/z) every night on
it.. I can't tell you home many times I have restored a prog just because I try to
make a big change and realize I got over my head with an idea of mine and needed a
backup of it.. OR simply just got to crazy with the rm command that day for some
stupid reason.