begin  quote
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:02:16 +0200
Abilio Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why do I make emerge -p xmms and see a lot of Gnome 1 libraries? Even
> ~x86 doesn't help. I'm forced to USE=-gnome to be able to install
> it... Are there plans for a Gnome-2 based xmms ebuild?

xmms has a builtin Gnome (1.4) panel applet, this requires gnome 1.4
libraries to build.

Gnome 2 based xmms build. Sure. There are vast plans, someone even wrote
a borken GUI replacement for xmms with gtk2.  However the only official
thing I've seen was a plan to go with pluggable frontends, which would
enable gtk2 frontend + gnome2 frontend.

You solve it the proper way (I want sticky USE flags)

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!