On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 08:15:35PM, Paulo da Silva wrote:
> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:15:35 +0100
> From: Paulo da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [gentoo-user] Resuming emerge -e ...
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I did a "emerge -eU world" to force the whole recompilation
> using new opt flags.
> The process is still running. However, I think it will stop because
> portage needs to be updated.
> How do I resume the emerge -eU world after that? The -e will
> recompile everything again isn't it?

I had a similar thing yesterday. emerge -e world worked for some hours,
then emerged portage, recalculated the dependencies, and started again,
compiled some packages again, emerged portage, recalculated
dependencies, restarted again :-( The machine was f**** up anyway, so I
did a mke2fs -j before the next emerge

Regards,
Tobias