Lotas T Smartman wrote:
Right. i currently have a dual athlon 2400+ which is running @ 2gz and i will be installing gentoo on it within the next few weeks. i havent got it installed now cause my hard drive is quite small for both linux and windows (30Gb) but im getting a 120Gb soon. anyway, what would be the average build time of a basic system with gnome 2.4 and mozilla 1.5 on this kind of a system? what about the boot strap time? i may install gentoo sooner if it only takes a few hours or so, but there is no point in building it now, taking a few days and then having to do it again a month down the road. if i install it now, i could live with winxp under vmware. you may need to know i have 1Gb DDR 2100 memory. Thanks in advance for info.

Aren't each of those processors running at 2Ghz? I have a dual Athlon MP 2200+ which runs at 3.6Ghz.

--
Andrew Gaffney