On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:17:13 -0700, Alex Nelson muttered:
> Has anyone had any luck with running multiple applications accessing the
> sound card under ALSA with an es1371 card? I am trying to get TeamSpeak
> 2 and Americas Army to run at the same time. I run TeamSpeak and then
> AAO and AAO complains that it can't open /dev/sound/dsp. Anyone out
> there solved this without two sound cards?

I'm not using Alsa, but I have in the past. You'll have to use some sort of
real sound mixer program to get multiple programs to multiplex the card.
Try using esd (ulch!) with esddsp. (esddsp program1; esddsp program2)

--
Andrew Farmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]