On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:41:05 -0700, Matt Neimeyer muttered:
> How do I stop the session manager in Gnome 2.4 from remembering
> anything?
>
> I want each session to start with nothing open no matter what I was
> doing last time. I've tried save-session enabled with nothing open
> followed by un-selecting save-session in the hopes of the last saved
> session having nothing... I've tried other mixtures of enabled and
> disabled session saving and nothing seems to work.

Log out of GNOME2, log in to a console, and edit your $HOME/.gnome2/session
to remove all programs you don't want to open at startup. Retain numbering
starting at 0, and change the num_clients setting at the end.

Log back into GNOME2 and open the Sessions control panel. Remove the
setting to save settings at logout. This ought to fix things for you.

--
Andrew Farmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]