Hi Björn,

Thanks for your advice.

On Thursday 23 October 2003 09:48, Björn Lindström wrote:
> Stephen Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > As ROOT I carry out adminstration work but I communicate with outside
> > World as USER.  Occasionally while doing administration I need to
> > refer to data on emails.
>
> Make root an alias for your normal user name instead.
>
> Myself I run exim and have a
>
> *: bkhl
>
> in my aliases, that makes mail to anyone not mentioned in the aliases go
> to me. (Makes sense on a mostly single user system.)

Could you please provide more detail how to acheive it.  I expect to send and
receive email in User=satimis account not as root.  The recipient can't
recognize the emails coming from root.  Beside in case of virus attack root
will not be affected.

# cat /etc/mail/aliases
# Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present.
MAILER-DAEMON:      postmaster
postmaster:         root

# General redirections for pseudo accounts.
adm:                root
bin:                root
daemon:             root
exim:               root
lp:                 root
mail:               root
named:              root
nobody:             root
postfix:            root

# Well-known aliases -- these should be filled in!
# root:
# operator:

# Standard RFC2142 aliases
abuse:              postmaster