Andrew Gaffney wrote:
Robert Crawford wrote:

On Saturday 01 January 2000 1:41 am, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Is there anyone with a MSI K7T Turbo that is running a 2.6 kernel and has
hardware sensors working? I've enabled just about everything related in the
kernel, both built-in and as modules. No dice. I tried the script from
<http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=77897> but that gave me a bunch
of errors about files in /sys/bus/i2c/blah/blah not existing. Sure enough,
there is nothing under that directory with modules or built-in.

Andrew,
I've had the same exact problem with an Abit KT7 Raid board- same via KT133 chipset, so I'm confident this is the common denominator. This box's sensors work fine with Mandrake and win XP, but not Gentoo. I'm well-experienced with this chipset, and getting the sensors to work, but this really has me stumped.

I've tried everything (recompiles, file edits) with gkrellm, and the script you mention, and nothing works with a 2.6 OR 2.4 kernel in Gentoo with my KT133 Abit. On my MSI KT3 Ultra2 (via kt266a) 333Mhz, and 2.6.0-test8-mm1, both gkrellm sensors & the script work perfectly. I'm thinking that by some weird oversight, 2.6 kernels simply have omitted support for the KT133 chipset, or it's broken, and we need a patch- but that's beyond my knowledge to create one. If anyone has one, I'll test it out.

I've managed to get it working on mine. I re-configured my kernel to build the i2c_sensor, i2c_isa, and via686a modules and have them auto-loaded at startup. I did 'ls -l /sys/bus/i2c/devices' and used this value in the $dev variable in that script I mentioned before. It works great. I'm emerging gkrellm and gkrellm-sensors now to see if that works.

Gkrellm-sensors does not work correctly with this setup. When I go to the config for the lm-sensors plugin, there is nothing in the Chipset tab.

--
Andrew Gaffney