Hi Mike,

Have you tested 'shorewall'? If YES what is your comment on it compared with 'fwbuilder'

B.R.
Stephen

Mike Williams wrote:

On Friday 24 October 2003 04:41, Daniel wrote:

Yes. If you want some helper programs I've found guarddog to be very good.
Although if you have a bit more complicated network try shorewall (text
based setup). I've heard some good reviews for fwbuilder too.

I was just been playing with fwbuilder yesterday, very nice program. Quite simple to use too.

Basically you drag and drop services/hosts/networks/etc into rules, it then
compiles that into a simple script containing iptables commands which you