On Oct 24, 2003, at 2:24 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I had my original system set up to boot from hde, as that was the address of my promise ide card (mobo only did ATA 33). It worked fine.

So, I changed it and moved the hard drive (only one in the system) to hda. I changed grub.conf to reflect the changes and rebooted.
I still get the screen full o' GRUBs.

I can't think of anything else to try. Can anyone suggest anything?

Are you sure you changed grub.conf correctly..?
Obviously it now needs to point towards hda instead of hde, as does /etc/fstab. Grub, however, has its own naming convention (see `info grub` > "Naming Convention"), which I find confusing, so I'd guess that maybe you added a space or something in there.

Can you boot with the Gentoo LiveCD & post a copy of your grub.conf, please..?

Stroller.