Daniel wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 05:12 pm, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Does anyone know what ports need to be open on the firewall in order to
download a file using gift? I have my firewall set to allow all outbound
traffic and related inbound and incoming connections only on ports 22, 25,
and 80. I can search just fine, but any file I try to download just sits
there doing nothing. Most of these are files with multiple sources.

I guess a direct way if you are logging firewall drops is to look at the system log (program dmesg) or /var/log/message /var/log/everything/current (or whatever applies) and see what connections are being dropped

There's a small mention of ports 1213 and 1214 in the doco however i'd look at the OpenFT doco.

The plugin option for Gnutella implies TCP 6346

I opened up ports 1213, 1214, and 6346 and the downloads started.

--
Andrew Gaffney