Hi!

after the latest errors with portage, I am reported only 108 installed
packages --- on a system equiped with kde, gnome, various tools, ... any
idea how I can get a correct list of installed packages? It should be a
number near by 600!

"qpkg -I" does not give all installed things back, only 108 installed
packages. "emerge -s kdebase" reports kde not beeing installed at all:

yew root # qpkg -I | wc -l
    108
yew root # emerge -s kdebase
Searching...
[ Results for search key : kdebase ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  kde-base/kdebase
      Latest version available: 3.1.4
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 14,835 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.kde.org/
konqueror...

yew root # which kdm