Hi William,

I am running only KDE without GNOME

As USER prompting "bash-2.05b$", I met this problem before on another distro. A file (a hidden file) under /home/satimis/ was missing. I copied the same file (also hidden file) from /root/ to /home/satimis/ the problem gone. Unfortunately I could not recall its name

As ROOT prompting "mymachine root #" I am now searching around where I can get its name 'mymachine' changed to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

B.R.
Stephen

William Kenworthy wrote:

Nope, its not normal, you dont know what your missing!  Looks like the
gentoo env scripts (bash) arent being run on login.  Are you using a
login shell (one of the options to gnome-terminal, others should be
similar.)

BillK