On Wednesday 22 October 2003 07:00, HvR wrote:
> i am still in the mode of running emerge sync and then emerge -Dup world
> every day, most days there is at least one updated package, is there a
> way to find out what has changed/been updated? when i used to run redhat
> i would get these emails summarizing what had changed for my set of
> packages, is there such a thing for gentoo?

What you want is a weekly cron entry to the effect of:
emerge sync > /dev/null 2>&1; emerge -uDplv world

That will tell you what new packages are available and tell you what has
changed. The only difference between this and rhn is that your computer needs
to be online at the time of the cron job where as rhn will email you and you
can pick it up the next time you go online.

Regards,
Jason