Hi all,
I installed gnome-2.4 last week with no real problems. Up until now, all has
been fine. This morning, the panel started playing up; clicking actions ->
logout would freeze the panel and leave the 'actions' menu button highlighted.

Killing the panel caused it to reload fine but trying to logout had the same
effect. Restarting the whole of X/gdm/gnome also didn't help. After a reboot,
the hanging problem is gone, but gnome is taking a very long time to startup
when logging in, and the logout confirm dialog does not appear until several
minutes after seleting logout from the actions menu.

I've had strange behaviour with the gnome panel in earlier versions, but
normally it's fine after a restart.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Bryn