Stephan Linkel wrote:

Norbert Kamenicky wrote:

It's really trivial ... just write simple wrapper for it, i.e. like this:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/emerge  $*
echo $? > return-code-from-emerge

Except of running emerge directly, you will run wrapper (with the same arguments) ...

Yes, this would be one option to do this. But, you know, "there's always a bigger nerd"...I do not want to write something that already exists.

But, thanks for your suggestion. I used something similiar...

Bye
Stephan

Ok, for sure such wrapper was already written (in C and other languages), but I wouldn't say it's standard solution anyway,
because thats usage of return code ;-). You can also modify emerge source, but that's the worst solution you can do ...
noro