Chris Graves wrote:
OK, so some folks swear by "-O3" optimizations, but alot of what I've read suggests "-O2" produces "faster" binaries.

I was always under the impression that -O3 was so much better than -O2. Well, the other day, I switched from -O3 to -O2. Not only does everything compile *so* much faster, the binaries are smaller. You can make the binaries even smaller by using -Os which is -O2 with a few other flags. While I think -O3 produces binaries with faster runtimes, it is barely noticable, and depending on the size of the binary, it can actually take longer to load.

--
Andrew Gaffney